This piece is available for YYC pickup only - it cannot be shipped.
This award-winning* series of bowls were created to embody the feeling of nature in Western Canada where glass artist Michelle Atkinson resides. Using colours from the landscape as well as her own custom-made texture molds, she creates stunning sculptural bowls using a multi-step fused glass process.
Sandblasting the glass before the final run in the kiln leaves the glass with a matte silky finish absorbs light, giving the piece the illusion of changing colour depending on the lighting in the room.
This moody grey bowl has circular tiles made from tree bark that have been ‘pressed’ into the glass to leave an impression of this natural element. The circular shape was used to represent both nature’s lifecycle but also community and connection of all things.
- 13 inch diameter x 10 inch tall deep draped glass bowl.
- Each bowl is signed by the artist with a custom copper name tag on the underside.
- Four cork feet are attached to the bottom for easy display.
- Bowls may be hand washed in warm soapy water, patted dry with a lint free cloth.
- Bowl has a matte finish.
- Colour may change depending on the light in the room. Backlit from a window will make the piece appear to glow. Placed on a table with ambient light will make the colours seem darker.
*The ‘Impression series’ bowls were awarded first place in the Home Décor category of the inaugural Made in Alberta Awards in 2019. The Made in Alberta Awards celebrate great Alberta products, businesses and ingenuity. By highlighting Alberta-made products through a variety of channels, including digital, in print and in person, the Made in Alberta Awards program supports and promotes local businesses and encourages people to shop local.